Youngstock Management training workshop, Thursday 11th March, 2021
(with a focus on good housing design)
10:00 to 17:00
7 hours CPD; limited to 8 delegates.
£180 + VAT.
Trainer: Owen Atkinson BVSc DCHP MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Cattle Health and Production
The Classroom will open at 9:45 for testing sound and equipment.
What is covered?
This one-day training is suitable for vets/ advisers who want to improve their knowledge and confidence around youngstock management, with a focus on dairy systems and good housing design.
This workshop will include:
- The six youngstock phases from calf to calving.
- Environmental requirements.
- Making environmental assessments – calculations, measurements and key performance indicators.
- Stack effect and making calculations (inlet and outlet areas).
- Understanding dietary influences on youngstock health.
- Exploring the pamper pen and cuddle box concepts.
- Practical problem solving and low-cost solutions, using case studies.
At the end of this workshop you will have gained knowledge and greater understanding on youngstock management, how to investigate problems, and how to suggest practical solutions for better housing. You will have skills and confidence to improve the advice you can give to dairy farmers.
Slides, checklists and notes will be available for you to use in practice.
How to book
Please follow the registration button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.Register for Course
An invoice will be issued ahead of the training.
- We ask that course fees are paid in advance. If for any reason a course is not run, then the registration fee will be refunded in full. Other expenses incurred (such as pre-booked travel expenses) are excluded.
- Cancellations by delegates must be made in writing (email). A cancellation fee of 25% of the total registration fee will be made for cancellations up to 14 days before the course. Refunds will not normally be made for cancellations within 14 days of the course.
- Delegates may substitute another person in place of themselves for a course but they must notify DVC of the name of the replacement delegate in advance of the training date.
- Please ensure that DVC is notified of any changes in contact details. We ask this in case we need to contact you with course changes. Please ensure your email settings allow our emails to you.