NEW!! Stress-Free Cattle Handling and Cow Flow CPD, Wednesday 15th December 2021
10:00 to 17:00
7 hours CPD; limited to 8 delegates.
£190 + VAT.
Trainer: Owen Atkinson BVSc DCHP MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Cattle Health and Production, CowSignals® Master Trainer
The Classroom will open at 9:45 for testing sound and equipment.
What is covered?
I am very excited to offer this training as an online workshop for the first time! Reduce stress and save time!
It will be of interest and useful to all people working with cattle in practice – young and old, new and experienced, TB testers, Vet Techs and vets.
This workshop includes:
- Principles of stress-free handling and stockpersonship
- Understanding why cow flow affects everything, from cow health, lameness, milk production, farm morale and profitability
- The emotional states of cattle, and how to influence them
- What to look out for in handling facilities – how to build for better
- The Bud-box principle – how and why it works
- Magic tips that work, including how to get stubborn cows into the crush without stress or danger!
- Overall facility design, with particular reference to improving cow flow
- Measuring and improving cow flow in the parlour, including what to measure, KPIs, and investigating problems
- Rules of the collection yard
- The influence of the milking routine
- Putting your new knowledge towards stock person training and other chargeable services you can offer your clients
- Case studies and problem-solving exercises
At the end of this workshop you will have gained new insights and skills to immediately work smarter with cattle. It will open your eyes and excite you to new possibilities. This is an under-explored area where vets can add real value to farms, as well as improve personnel safety and cattle welfare.
Notes and DVC checklists are provided for you to use in practice.
How to book
Please complete the registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.Register for Course
An invoice will be issued ahead of the training.
- We ask that course fees are paid in advance. If for any reason (such as inadequate numbers of registrants) a course is not run, then the registration fee will be refunded in full. Other expenses incurred (such as any pre-booked travel expenses) are excluded.
- Any cancellations by delegates must be made in writing (email). A cancellation fee of 25% of the total registration fee will be made for cancellations up to 14 days before the course. Refunds will not normally be made for cancellations within 14 days of the course.
- Delegates may substitute another person in place of themselves for a course but they must notify DVC of the name of the replacement delegate in advance of the training date.
- Please ensure that DVC is notified of any changes in contact details. We ask this in case we need to contact you with course changes. Please ensure your email settings allow our emails to you (and then please do read them!).