RoMS accredited Mobility Scorer training, Wednesday 19th May 2021
09:45 to 16:30
Face-to-face classroom training, plus on farm.
Location: Shropshire/Cheshire SY14 4AQ.
6.5 hours CPD; limited to 8 delegates.
£220 + VAT. Lunches and refreshments provided.
Trainer: Owen Atkinson BVSc DCHP MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Cattle Health and Production, RoMS approved trainer.
You will need clean and disinfectable overwear and wellies for the farm visit.
Suitable for vets, mobility mentors, vet-techs and industry professionals.
What is covered?
This training will allow you to become a RoMS accredited mobility scorer. It includes on-farm training which is an essential part of mobility scorer training in order to experience the subtleties and challenges of real-life accurate scoring.
This workshop includes:
- A full outline of the AHDB standardised mobility scoring methodology and scores.
- The subconscious and conscious signals we use to detect lameness.
- Prevalence and incidence – what they mean; why use one, not the other.
- Mind the Gap: dealing with the gap between perception and reality.
- Observation skills.
- Practice scoring and practice assessment.
- Making it a success: the PR operation and using your new skills to help farmers.
- Farm challenges; dealing with the practicalities and working safely on farm.
- Overview of common lameness lesions, the causes, the economic impact and effects on the industry.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to mobility score a herd, confident in your knowledge and understanding of the four-point AHDB scoring system. You will be invited to take the test to join the Register of Mobility Scorers (RoMS). The annual RoMS registration fee is payable directly to RoMS.
Notes are provided plus access to DVC online resources for you to use in practice.
How to book
Please complete the registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.Register for Course
An invoice will be issued ahead of the training.
- We ask that course fees are paid in advance. If for any reason (such as inadequate numbers of registrants) a course is not run, then the registration fee will be refunded in full. Other expenses incurred (such as any pre-booked travel expenses) are excluded.
- Any cancellations by delegates must be made in writing (email). A cancellation fee of 25% of the total registration fee will be made for cancellations up to 14 days before the course. Refunds will not normally be made for cancellations within 14 days of the course.
- Delegates may substitute another person in place of themselves for a course but they must notify DVC of the name of the replacement delegate in advance of the training date.
- Please ensure that DVC is notified of any changes in contact details. We ask this in case we need to contact you with course changes. Please ensure your email settings allow our emails to you (and then please do read them!).